Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Things That Upset Me But Probably Shouldn't

I heard this advertisement on the commercial and I was in a mood where it just really made me mad. It doesn't really make me mad now, but I do still think it is kind of dumb.

When my CD player is really cold it doesn't work at all, so while I was driving home from campus I was forced to listen to the University radio station and an advertisement came on with some kid talking. "You know about air pollution, and water pollution, and even noise pollution, but do you know about light pollution?" The kid explained a little about what light pollution is and then some proffesor started talking about how we should cover up our lights so that only the area that needs to be lighted gets lit. She said how depressed she gets when she can't see her stars at night. Well, Cedar isn't exactly Vegas, is it? If you want to see more stars just head to the edge of town, which is eight minutes in any direction, and then take ten steps and you will be able to see all the stars you want. She then said that light pollution has also been linked to cancer, but you can't really use cancer to guilt people into doing things these days though. Everything causes cancer.

I got all worked up and was yelling at the stupid lady on the radio.

I have also noticed that the last little while I have been a lot more irritable. I have come to the conclusion that my job has a lot to do with. Working in quality control is kind of rough. All I do all day is fix people's mistakes. Some make the same ones over and over again, no matter how many times I tell them. I think now it is starting to spill over into my normal life so that all I do when I am not at work is look for mistakes. So I yell at the T.V. and radio, but also at real people. I tend to tell people how they are wrong all the time. Not really because I care about them and am trying to help them, but because at work I am used to always having the last say, so they should be doing it the right/my way. I don't know how I haven't gotten beaten up yet.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Light pollution? I think that would have bugged me too.

David said...

Light pollution. What the hell is that? Seriously, I would have thought that would be a joke commercial.

Oh, and by the way, we should all stop wiping our butts after taking a dump because wiping causes cancer.

Anonymous said...

Who wipes?