Monday, August 24, 2009

Just Because Other People Do Doesn't Mean I Can't

So, I came to grips with this whole blogging thing when I realized that as long as I was trying to make it worth the few minutes friends and family spend here I was okay. I remembered through the comments that I am in charge of what I put on here, and that maybe I should just lighten up a little. Of course, school started today and I didn't write on this thing while I was on a break.

In the latest Twitter news, Michael Beasley was checked into rehab after taking a picture of his new back tattoo while forgetting to take the weed of the counter, and then posting suicidal thoughts on Twitter. I don't think it is a great idea for someone that high profile to have a Twitter or Facebook, because something like this is bound to happen sooner or later. It seems that fines in the big three sports have tripled since Twitter came about, and that all these athletes seem to think they are now on reality TV, but I am debating here whether Twitter actually helped Beasley in this case. Who knows what would have happened with the drugs as far as the league is concerned, but thanks to his very public thoughts on suicide he is now in a rehab clinic.

So there you go.

1 comment:

Strude said...

I don't know. How serious can you be about killing yourself if you're taking the time to put it on Twitter?