Tuesday, November 20, 2007

No Title

I will finally be a student again. After a semester off I got registered up at the U yesterday. Nice. So I will be working full-time and will be a full-time student. I have never done the double full-time thing and am kind of nervous, but pretty excited about my classes for the most part. I am taking a fiction workshop, 19th century American literature history class, history of photography, and analysis of argument. Should be rockin.

I will be glad to be back in school again because being a twenty-five year old single Mormon guy is a pretty bland period of life. I find myself just wishing that I had something lighthearted to talk about. A funny experience or idea. Something. Some color in my life. But as it is now, pretty much all I do is sit at my desk at work, which is entirely gray. A lot of the girls I meet are either married or fresh out of high school making it a workout just being in the same room as them. I’m sure they’re nice, but I’m just out of the period of life where I could stand a car full of girls cranking Fergie, bouncing in their seats and screeching the lyrics while I get whipped in the eyes by hair and asked why I am not doing the same.

If I do meet a nice girl I would like to take out, and would like go out with me, I don’t do it because I feel guilty about it, because I have so much stuff I need to deal with first that if something good did end up happening I would feel bad for her because she had no idea what she signed up for (kind of like you do now if you made it this far in this post). This (yes, the third ‘this’ in six words and the second set of paranthesis in one. I’m okay with it) is where “they” or “you” or “whoever” says, “Well then, go take care of it.” And then I say, “Yeah, but. . .” But what? But it’s going to suck, that’s what, and I am tired. I need to try though, so I can stop writing posts like this one and move on to more interesting subjects.

How about I do a Top 5 Tunes on Tunes? That could be fun. Okay, done. Plus, it will get me listening to something a little more upbeat.

6 comments:

Rafe Thompson said...

So, you mean it bothers you when I crank Fergie and screech out the lyrics? My bad.

Anonymous said...

Go take care of it.

You want some color? Come to Thanksgiving dinner. Ha ha.

Erica Hanks said...

Dating sucks. I'm sorry.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! Maybe something scandalous will happen and you can post about it! Yay! My fingers are crossed for ya!

Chelsea Lane said...

1- Yay for writing. Keep doing it. Yes, even posts.
2- I only really have two things to say, but I like odd numbers.
3- For this last one, I was going to make a sarcastic, "what's wrong with Fergie?" comment, but I wasn't sufficiently secure in the idea that the sarcasm would come across well enough, and I did not want anyone to misread that. The matter is too serious...

Jami said...

(((Hugs)))

Anonymous said...

I hear through the grapevine that you met someone while you were out on black friday, lets hear a little about that subject! HUH HUH HUH!!! Good Luck in yur dating endeavors........and classes.......keep everything in moderation and you will be just fine!