Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Top Five Tunes on Tunes

Learned to let go of the things we can't control. Left em behind and followed rock and roll. We found a new way of life. Forever till the end of time. But never getting old. What are songs for, anyway, without the guts to live your life that way? - The Bouncing Souls

1. Radio, Rancid – Never fell in till I fell in love with you. Never knew what a good time was so I had a good time with you. If you wanna get the feeling and you wanna get it right then the music’s gotta be loud. For when music hits I feel no pain at all. Radio, Radio, Radio. When I got the music I got a place to go.

2. Sing Along Forever, Bouncing Souls - I'm driving listening to my radio, checkin out the airwaves for something to believe in, gimme something to hold true, gimme something to sing about. Gimme a reason to care, I'll sing along forever. Watered-down words covered in song trying to hide the truth That life is beautiful, and life is pain, give it to me straight, touch my heart, I'll sing along forever.

3. For all the unheard, The Bouncing Souls - A guitar strikes a chord hits a misery so hard so bold. Sounding through this world where it's so hard to feel that gold. This is for all the unheard, All the music left behind. All the songs left on the floors in the closets of our minds. Where's the passion gone in our hearts? Lost somewhere in the grind. It's time to bring it back It's time to unwind. Find what we lost. It's time. It's time to bring it back

4. Indestructible, Rancid (and my favorite when I feel weak like this) - And I know I'm indestructible tonight. Playback, rock and roll come and save me. It's a safe bet that you will never ever betray me. And I'll give back everything that you gave me. And I know that no one can ever ever contain me. And I won't get bogged down like some American consumer, nah, I'm dancing now to a whole different drummer. And I'll keep listening to the great Joe Strummer cause through music we can live forever. And I know I'm indestructible tonight.

5. Thank You, The Descendents (speaking of being weak) - I'll listen to you for hours, I'll listen all day. Just keep hitting me the right way. Sing your song in the shower, cause you got a way to say what I can never say right - right on. When I feel weak you make me feel strong. Make me feel strong. I won't say your name, but you know who you are. I'll never be the same again now - no way. I just want to say thank you for playing the way you play. Did you know you're why I go and waste my time at a rock and roll show? You let me know I'm not alone. You make me feel strong, make me feel strong. Feel like nothing's wrong.

Note: This is really more of a top six because I can't narrow it down, but since Soundsystem was just talked about, I left it off this list, thus, making it a top five.

No comments: