Wednesday, April 16, 2008

No Wonder

So I finished the first draft of the story I have been working on. I still have some issues with it, but I have been looking at it and read it so many times I am not sure what to do with it anymore. I don't plan on picking it back up for a long time, but if anyone wants to read it let me know, and I can send it to you.

I have never been a fan of reading stuff on the computer, you just don't really get the same feel it seems. I don't expect you to print it out if you want to read it, but if you work in an office, go ahead and use The Man's paper.

6 comments:

Jami said...

David and I would love to read it! Send it to his email address.

Jaime said...

Yay! I would love to read it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, send it. And I just might be using the Man's paper, too.

Stephen King puts his first drafts away for a couple months. He'll start the next one, while the first one rests. So when he picks it up again, it is fresh and he doesn't feel as attached to things he knows need to be changed or cut.

He also won't let anyone read it until after the second draft, even his wife.

Erica Hanks said...

We want a copy! Right now, Dave is at his writers group that meets once a week. They read each others stuff and give input and stuff. He says sometimes it's helpful and sometimes not.

Send it to me and I'll share with Dave!
ehanks@righttrak.net

MaryPosa said...

pick me! pick me! i want one!

and to strude: that's from On Writing isn't it? awesome book. i heart steven king.

Ms. La Rue said...

Ooo! Ooo! I would like to read it too! I've missed your creative blogs. smlarue@gmail.com

Nice to see you last night. Hooray for the Souls.

Oh, I made it home safe too.