Thursday, November 02, 2006

Synesthesia - AFI

AFI doesn't really play the type of music I would think I would want to be listening to while dying. It is loud and hard, but I would have to. I would want to listen to Davey Havok's lyrics one last time. Synesthesia is kind of an odd choice itself; it is a b-side from a very good album, but not my favorite album. After thinking about it this just seemed to be the one that fit best.

I noticed a long time ago that my long term life goals seemed to be based around how I would be remembered by people after I died. I don't mean friends or family, but strangers who have seen what I have done. I don't do it on purpose and it hasn't really gotten me anywhere, but I think that way anyway. This song seems to share that same feeling.

Heartbreak incarnate. I'm nothing if not your memories...Someday I will be, I'll be those common words spoken uniquely
Because I may, will forever be, Floating as you feel
Just say, Say you will for me
Invite me to your memories
Just sing, sing again for me
That long forgotten song

No comments: