Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Bush fan (the band) and The Clash

I left work yesterday at about 6:30 and figured that the freeway should be alright by then. I was wrong, so I got off at 53rd. I was listening to my mp3 player and I had my window rolled down. At a stoplight I pulled up next to a car that was loaded with stickers all over the bumper and rear window. The girl inside had a black and purple striped shirt on. The sleeves were extra long and had holes in the end for the thumbs to go through, and her purple hair was trying to match the purple in her shirt, but it looked like it had been washed a few times. The Clash was currently playing on my mp3 player.

"Hey! Are you listening to The Clash?" she screamed at me. My head was resting on my left hand and I didn't budge."Are you listening to The Clash?" she yelled loud enough for everyone around us to hear. I still didn't feel the need to respond. Stupid questions are pet peeve of mine. Either I would answer yes, and she would say something like, "They rock," and then I would nod and hope for the light to turn green, or I would say no, creating a very awkward situation and she would wish for the light to turn green. Being that I was alone with no one to enjoy the moment with, I just didn't say anything.

The light eventually turned green and we went on the the next red light. She pulled up next to me again, but by then The Clash had ended and Less Than Jake was playing, and I guess she didn't feel the need to yell at me anymore.

I know I said I was going to try and meet new people, but my mom taught me never to talk to strangers dressed as b-side punkers but with Bush stickers on the back of their car.

No comments: