Sunday, October 29, 2006

How I Spent my Life?

I have found out that one can only take so much apathy. In the same way I found out that there indeed is such a thing as too much cheese on your cheese fries, I have pushed myself to the very limits of laziness, and now the sight of my couch makes me want to weep, but being that I have nothing else to do, I am sure that my buttocks shalls grace said couch all too soon.

This weekend I watched four Star Wars movies in two days. I don't even think I wanted to. This has left me, for the first time in my life, saying, "I wish summer would get over with." I am sure that that first night of homework will make me wish that the semester would just get over with, but at least then Trash will be around and we can return to Big-Mac Monday and Taco Tuesday (Now yous can't leave).

How does a person live in a way where he or she isn't just wishing that that period of life would just be done with? I mean, it has to end somewhere, right? If you keep going eventually it will end up being, "I just wish life would get over with," and according to the pattern once you are dead you will just wish you were alive anyway. So where is the escape? I wish that the weekends and concerts would never end, but they hardly qualify as a period of life. I guess this means that changes have to be made. Darn. But because I haven't made an effort to change in a while, I am sure I am due.

I believe that first on the list is to change my not-so-sub-conscious thought,"People Suck," and switch it to, "Some May Not," and try not to be such a dick when someone I don't know talks to me, and maybe even try to talk to a few myself, and then go from there. I am sure that will at least end in giving me something else to do.

Now, I do have a lot of things to look forward to this summer still; the World Cup is coming up, and there are still a few concerts and new albums before the summer ends (the Warped Tour is going to be awesome!). I suppose it is all the time in between these events that I need to fix. Maybe if I can do that i can get back to being my normal self and wishing that summer won't end. I would rather spend my life wishing for things that I can achieve.

No comments: