Sunday, October 29, 2006

Summertime and Geography

Aww...Summertime. Just a day of work and a night of apathy for three months. Nice.

So I go into the Graywhale in Draper to pick up a couple of CDs, and as they do everytime, the kid asks me if I am a member of the killer whale club.

"No, I'm not"

"Do you know what it is?"

"Yeah."

"It's a lifetime membership. Did you know that?"

"Yeah, I know what it is. I live in Cedar City so there is really no point."

"Well, we are getting another location in Provo, so it will be a little closer." Now I have a couple options here in the order that they came to mind:

A: "Really! Sign me up then!!"

B: "You must not be from around here, so let me give you a lesson in geography. Here is Cedar City. Here is Provo 200 miles away. Now, given the gas money and the time that would be spent, I don't think that it would be worth the drive; especially when I am in walking distance of a record store that has a better selection and where the employees leave you alone and just let you buy your music and leave."

C: "..."

I chose C, but kind of wish I was able to choose A or B."Well, you would have saved two dollars today." He started to sound emotional at that fact, like I was making some horrible decision in lifestyle, and I was endangering myself and those around me.

"Cool."

Well, my workday is over, and I have an entire night of falling asleep in front of the T.V., waking up, playing xbox, reading, falling asleep again, turn on the T.V in time for Simpsons, and then - who knows. My night is pretty open after that.

No comments: