Sunday, October 29, 2006

Schoolio

Who knew keeping a blog up to date would be so hard. I forget I have one sometimes.

I have recently moved away for school. For the most part it is pretty much what I expected; except for a few things. I am really really busy. More than I thought I would be. I also didn't know how much I would enjoy studying what I am. Especially my creative writing class.

I think I really enjoy it for a few reasons. We write. I like that. The teacher is really good and seems intent on teaching us things as opposed to telling us how much he knows. And on the other end; the class isn't full of people who want so badly to be recognized as academia-ites that they won't shutup and won't stop trying to disagree with what anyone has to say. Probably because we have to write and read it in class and most everyone feels a little uncomfortable with that for now. So that is really refreshing.

It also makes me wonder if people doing other things feel the same way I do. I can see just about anyone in the arts feeling this way. Or like someone who is studying to be an architecht. I could see them really enjoying class. But, for example, does a math major really get excited to go to class and learn some new theorum? Maybe. You can do cool things with math. Does a business major just love studying what the benefits of outsourcing are? I don't know. I suppose they might.

I am just happy I found something I feel that way about.

No comments: