Sunday, October 29, 2006

Week at a Glance

A while ago I decided to write down all the interesting things that happened to me in one weeks time and then write a post about it. I usually try to write down interesting or funny things that happen to me so they are not lost, so then I can maybe throw them in a story one day, but as I went about this particular week I spent extra special attention to my surroundings for things that had narrative potential, and holy crap, there was so much stuff that if I wrote about it all the post would be forever long. It is crazy how interesting life can be on a day to day basis if you are paying attention.

My week was a bit busier then usual, however. I moved down to school, and then had to come back home for my friends wedding at the end of the week and be back before school started Monday. Things like school, weddings, and Hooters are the main things that happened during the week, but they are almost too obvious to be interesting. It is the things like passing an old man on the freeway in Lehi and noticing that he is brushing what is left of his teeth, and then being passed by said old man in Spanish Fork and looking over and seeing that he is still brushing his teeth, that are interesting and that people want to read or hear about. Or the kid at the gas station who was listening to a Harry Potter book on tape and knew all the words and followed along like most of us would sing along to the radio. Those are the fun things. The things we will forget about the next day. I also met a kid named Jordan Michael Erye. Say it in reverse.
So, I suppose the moral of this experience would be: If life has got you down, pay attention to it.

No comments: