Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hannibal

Hannibal is a guy in my Creative Writing class. I forgot what his real name is. Everyone calls him Hannibal.
Today as we were waiting for class to start he picked up a copy of USA Today and mentioned how he forgot that the five year anniversary of 9/11 was coming up.
"The more I think about it the more I think that it was planned, " he said," I mean, think about it. 9/11. Who are they going to call? 9-1-1."
Holy @^#%! Did you come up with that all by yourself? It is funny how nobody thought or mentioned that the day it happened. You should call and let somebody know!

Then during class he taps me on the shoulder and asks what the assignment was the teacher just gave about .2349856204674 seconds ago. I told him it was to read the first section out of the book we are reading.

"The first chapter?"
"The first section," I correct him.

He gives me a look that tells me I am being stupid and repeats, "First Chapter," as he writes it down. I was about to say, "No, numb nuts. The first section. The first section is seventy-seven pages. The first chapter is only like ten," but I stopped. I figure letting him read the first chapter instead of section will be a more valuable lesson.

No comments: