Sunday, October 29, 2006

A Simple Pleasure

I was walking to the campus library yesterday in the snow. I love snow, and it was snowing big flakes. The campus was really quiet, and there was hardly anyone around. I thought to myself, "This is why I like winter. For moments like these."

I began to look to the sky and pick out a snowflake up high and then try to catch it. They of course move all around and sometimes you have to adjust quite a bit to end up beneath it. So, I would catch them, look at them, watch them melt, and then look for a new one to catch. I did it about four times, before I realized what I was doing. I looked to see if anyone had been watching me. There was a person walking toward me who had just exited the library, and three or four others walking on the sidewalk perpendicular to mine. No one had noticed me that I could tell. I then looked around thinking that there might be a girl walking around doing the same thing. We could then catch each other doing the same thing, laugh at each other, find out how much we had in common, and live happily ever after.

I didn't see one, so I entered the library telling myself I didn't live in a book, and making fun of myself for thinking such funny things.

1 comment:

Chelsea Lane said...

That's the way to fall in love...