Sunday, October 29, 2006

Chapter 6 | The end of the last part of the story that will stop now

I got into the Jimmy and the guy tried to pull me out. It took a few minutes and he really had to jerk the car to get it out, but we kind of went off the side of the road and we were still stuck. The guy had unhooked the tow strap and drove away already. We just sat there waiting for him to come back. He eventually did, but he was walking. And since he had a hurt ankle it took him forever to get to the car. The gimp looked like a zombie coming up the road.

"We are still stuck," I yelled, "you will have to pull us out again." But he just kept coming. He arrived and just walked around the car looking at. Then he sat in the car and tried to drive it out. I bet I said we need to pull it out again like five times. I was screaming inside my head. "HEY!!! YOU YAKK WERT!!! THE BLOODY CAR ISN'T GOING TO GET UNSTUCK WITH YOUR LOOKING AT IT, YOU DUMB DERKIN DIKKLE IDIOT!!!!!!

Around a century later he started his limp back to his car. We pulled it out again and had to reverse it down the road about 100 yards to a big pine tree. There was a dry spot under it and we were able to get turned around there. And we were off. We were mobile. Hoo-rah.

It was a little before three by the time we were off and running. As the heat got going in the car it seemed like I was getting colder. I was thawing out and all the feeling was coming back to me, so I was able to feel how cold I really was. On the way home the radio played 'Cumbersome' by Seven Mary Three. Spooky.

I stopped off at the gas station to get something to eat, and walked in the door at 3:45 a.m.

The frickin end.

No comments: