Sunday, October 29, 2006

Jordan Michael EryeHead

In the previous post titled "Week at a Glance" I mentioned a kid named Jordan Michael Air. I was introduced to this person the first day I got back into town for school. He told me his name and stuff and I told him mine. It was a pretty standard intrduction on both ends. A few days later he came up to me while I was waiting in the line in the cafeteria. He asked me stuff about the meal plan and if i was glad I did it, and how the food was and so on. I told him that I was very glad I was on this meal plan thing. He then told me he thought he was going to do it too, and then he introduced himself to me again. I realized he didn't know I was the same person from before. I didn't want to go over all the other stuff again so I just told him my name. I kid you not, the very next day while I was in Staples he came up to me and asked if he could help me find anything, being that he worked there. I told him I found what I was looking for. I asked him if he was going to get the meal plan, since that is what we talked about the day before. He said he thought he was going to. I then went to check out. He came up to me a couple of minutes later and said, "I will probably see you around so I might as well introduce myself. I am--"

"Jordan," I said.

Yeah--"

"I am the one you asked about the meal plan."

"Oh, that was you?" How else would I have known he wanted the meal plan if I had never talked to him before? What kind weird butthead asks random Staples employees if they are going to get the university meal plan? How in the crap did he not put two and two together? And if you think that maybe I could be the one confused I am not. He looks exactly like John Heder, and I know it was the same kid. Anyway, he introduced himself for the third time. That was a Monday. The next Thursday Jordan and one of his friends came over to talk to my roomate. I came out of my room and the three of them were in the front room so I stopped to talk to them. After about 15 seconds of me stadning there he stuck out his hand and said, "I don't think we have met." I just stared at him for a second, trying to make him feel as dumb as possible with his hand stuck out like that before I said, "We have met like nine times."

"We have?"

"Yeah. The first day I got into town in the parking lot, then in the cafeteria when you asked me about the food plan, then in Staples, and just now." He was pretty cinfused.

"Did you trim you beard or something?"
"No, I haven't shaved in like 9 days."

"Maybe it was your glasses."

"No." I always wear my glasses when I drive to and from Cedar, so I know I was wearing them when I first met him, and I am 95% sure I was wearing them in the cafeteria that day. Glasses really don't make you look all that different anyway, he is just an idiot. My roommate and I were going to be hanging out with the people who lived next door, and he had come over to hang out with us, but when my roommate left to to put his shoes on or something his friend and him ended up leaving.

No comments: